To celebrate Hennessy’s endless dedication to music, culture and live performance; the brand is giving fans a chance to perform at the Blues Passions festival 2013 in Cognac, France.
The inaugural Talent Quest competition launched last year with bands and artists from around the world submitting their entries via Facebook. It was then put to the consumer to vote on the top ten selections, taking the winners’ music from online to onstage.
The winner was NexCyx from Barbados. They performed alongside A-list artists, including Sting, Laurie, Imany and Selah Sue in the beautiful town of Cognac.
This year is no different. Talent Quest invites South African artists to submit their videos via Hennessy’s website; where an esteemed panel of judges: Michel Rolland and music journalists from participating countries, will choose their top ten entries.
From there, Hennessy fans will vote for the final winner to perform live on the Blues Passion festival stage. This is the same stage which has seen performances by revered artists, including: B.B. King, Gil Scott Heron, Ray Charles, Massive Attack, Moby and Sting.
2013’s confirmed line-up to date includes: Ben Harper, Asaf Avidan and Sinead O’Connor.
Staying true to the roots of music and the Blues heritage carried out by the festival, all entries must fall within the following genres: Blues, Soul, Funk, Folk, R&B, Boogie, Swing, Country, Gospel, Hip Hop, and Rock’n’Roll ..
Key Entry Requirements:
– Entrants must be over the age of 25 to participate
– Entrants must be eligible to travel and hold a valid passport
– Entries are required to include a recorded video of performance
– Videos must be submitted on Hennessy.com
– Videos are not to feature any persons under the legal drinking age or irresponsible drinking behavior
– For full terms and conditions please see Terms and Conditions on the Hennessy.com website
– Closing date for entries is 30 April 2013
NB: Entries are to be submitted via www.hennessy.com