The P16 Power-play devise by Behringer is a digital personal mixer that lets each performer take control of what they hear through their monitor(s), allowing the engineer to concentrate on providing the audience with the best possible listening experience.
This has made live production somewhat easier, especially for large stage set ups because it decreases the need for a stage monitor engineer with the artist being more in control of what they hear, and how they want to hear it, primarily being themselves.
The P16 is fast and easy to set up and the system can be expanded to adapt and accommodate changing needs of production. A basic installation can be set up in matter of minutes, consisting of one P16-I Input Module, which connects to the main mixing console and up to six P16-M Personal Mixers, creating a system big enough to equip a typical recording studio, a small to medium-sized band or a worship team.
You’ll also need a few standard audio and CAT5 cables to go along with it. The optional P16- MB mounting bracket allows the P16-M Digital Personal Mixer to be attached to any standard microphone, music or drum stand.
The system can easily be expanded via the P16-D Digital ULTRANET Distributor, six of which can be combined to drive up to forty-eight P16-M Personal Mixers.
The P16-M’s simple and user friendly interface makes it easy for anyone to use. You however need to be a tech junkie or qualified engineer to dial-in the perfect monitor mix. For example, let’s say the electric guitar is too loud in the lead vocalist’s mix; you’ll simply press the appropriate channel button (the one labeled E. GTR) and turn the Volume control to lower the guitar level in their mix.
You can also adjust Pan (left to right mix), EQ (Bass, Mid with sweepable Freq control and Treble), and much more. All of these adjustments can be made without affecting anyone else’s personal mix.
The Powerplay P16 puts total control of the monitor system where it belongs—in the hands of the performers, freeing up the engineer to sculpt the perfect front-of-house mix. It is an easy, affordable way to tame runaway stage volume and give your musicians and vocalists what they really want—more me!
• 16-channel digital stereo mixer to create your personal monitor mix
• Ultra-intuitive “analog” operation with total recall and 16 presets for custom mixes
• State-of-the-art 24-bit D/A converters for premium audio quality
• 16 Channel Select buttons with dual LEDs for perfect overview
• Level and Pan/Spread control per channel with LED meter
• 3-band EQ per channel with mid-band frequency control
• Solo and Mute functions per channel
• Global Level and EQ controls plus Panic Mute function
• High power and “drummer proof” headphones output
• Fully adjustable limiter protects your ears and headphones
• Additional mono/stereo line output to connect your powered monitor
• MIDI IN port for real-time remote control of all channels by external MIDI device such as BEHRINGER BCF2000, BCR2000, etc.
• Standard CAT5e connection delivers power and 16 signals to each Personal Mixers
• ULTRANET connector to daisy-chain up to forty-eight P16-M mixers for large systems (in conjunction with P16-D)
• Ultra-low system latency of less than 1 millisecond
• Powered via external power supply (included) or P16-I / P16-D
• Mounts easily on a mic stand with the P16-MB mic stand mount (not included)
• Extremely rugged construction ensures long life even under the most demanding conditions
Tech-view by: Clyde Moerane of Clyde Productions & Entertainment AVL.